ALCAN RACING RULES Revised November 21, 2014
Ammendments 2002,2003 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014
- 1. Follow all General Racing Rules
- 2. The Alcan 200 Road Rally will run on the road UNLESS the Canadian Officials close the road, due to weather.
- 3. Gas can rigs will leave PROMPTLY at 8:00am Alaska Standard Time from the U.S.Border. They will go to 75mile, 104mile and Dezdeash. Drivers meeting is at 9:00am SHARP. All entries must
be in Before the race is officially called at this time. Race starts at 10:00am SHARP. Drivers will get a fifteen (15)minute warning before the race starts at 42mile and at Dezdeash.
ADDTION: LINE UP of vehicles leaving the border after the race has begun and the return from Dezdeash.
- Officials pickup
- Sweep Rig
- Pickup rig for racers
- 4. To travel the Canadian side of the highway, ALL DRIVERS must have a valid Drivers license. US Machines must have a current state registration on the machines. Canadian machines must be licensed.
- 5. A contestant must use the same machine from start to finish and can make his own repairs as needed.
ADDITION: ALL broken down/disqualified machines MUST BE on sweep rig per government rules. ALL Racers broken down or disqualified MUST BE on Pickup rig for racers, per government rules. ABSOLUTELY NO MACHINE CAN BE CANNABLIZED THAT IS ON THE SWEEP RIG.
- 6. If a contestant fails to start in his designated position or line up to start in his proper class, the contestant will check in with official starter before leaving the line up. This means your time will start at your designated position.
- 7. There will be MANDATORY GAS STOPS at 75mile and 104mile, BOTH directions of the race. To notify the contestant that there is a gas stop ahead, there will be flags or cones stationed 1/4 mile before and after the actual gas stop. If a driver MISSES the gas stop he/she MUST STOP THEIR MACHINE AND WALK/RUN BACK to the gas stop for their gas can and go through the proper procedures listed below to gas up and then run/walk back to the gas stop to replace the gas can in the proper location. A DRIVER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF HE/SHE TURNS THEIR MACHINE AROUND ON OR OFF THE HIGHWAY TO GO BACK TO THE GAS STOP.
***********Procedures for Gasing Up*******************
- A. Drivers MUST gas their own machine at the stops.
- B. Drivers MUST use their own gas cans, gas cans will be marked with the drivers bib number.
- C. Drivers MUST go through the motions of gasing up. GAS CAPS DO NOT HAVE TO BE REMOVED.
- D. Put the gas can back in the same spot that it was taken from.
- E. No throwing of gas cans. You will be disqualified.
- a. Anyone that pays an entry fee or mechnics fee can help anyone of the drivers with the EXCEPTION OF GASING UP AT THE GAS STOPS, once the race has been called.
- b. ATTENTION DRIVERS!!! Anyone that has not paid an entry or mechinics fee CANNOT TOUCH ANY MACHINE ONCE THE RACE HAS BEEN CALLED. YOU WILL DISQUALIFY THE DRIVER AND MACHINE.
- 8. Contestants will NOT BOTHER THE TIME KEEPERS AND SCOREKEEPERS. If a driver has a question, he/she is to ask an official, who will be identified by his bib or hat.
- 9. There will be time limits on breakdowns. At all times during the race, if the sweep rig comes upon a down machine, they will have five (5) minutes to get going or will be disqualified by race official.
- 10. If there is any place that the race course changes at the last minute it will be clearly marked.
- 11. CONTESTANTS WILL START BACK FROM DEZDEASH IN THE ORDER THEY FINISH AT DEZDEASH.
- 12. OVERALL WINNERS will be placed according to their times. In the event of a tie, the winner will be decided by who has the fastest time on the RETURN from Dezdeash to the finish line at 42 mile.
- 13. Class winners will be placed the same as rule #12 Alcan Rules.
- 14. Awards will be received at the awards ceremony, Saturday evening.
- 15. Cash prizes will be forwarded by mail to the winners. PLEASE FILL YOUR ADDRESSES IN CORRECTLY ON THE ENTRY FORM.
- 16. No machine will travel less than 40 miles per hour, if the sweep rig is following.
- 17. RACERS WILL NOT PASS AFTER YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH THE CHECKERED FLAG. IF YOU DO YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AT THE CHECKPOINT.
- 18. ALL RACERS WILL STOP AT CHECKPOINT, TO RECORD THEIR BIB NUMBER IN THE ORDER THAT YOU CROSS THE FINISH LINE. SLOW DOWN AFTER YOU GET THE CHECKERED FLAG!!!!!!!
- 19. Drivers numbers will be on the blackboard in the order that you will return. If you are not lined up and the race is called you will start at the end of the line, after everyone has left.(dezdeash)
- 20. IF YOU SCRATCH, LET THE OFFICIALS KNOW YOUR NAME AND BIB NUMBER.
- 21. Race officials have not paid an entry fee. They cannot help with a machine. If they touch your machine, driver and machine will be disqualified.
***********AMENDED RULE: November 2002
MUD FLAPS: will be tied down. Limitor straps, chains, anything that will hold up for the duration of the race. If mud flaps are not tied down when machine arrives in Dezdeash the machine will not be lined up until the mud flaps are tied. It will be the drivers responsibility to notify an official so that they can be cleared to start back/line up.
***********AMENDED RULE: November 2003
Safety Gear for the Racer..Mandatory, Chest protectors,and shin guards
***********AMENDED RULE: January 2008
All gas cans must be full! No exceptions
***********AMENDED RULE: December 2009
All racers must have a reflective device or reflective tape on the back of their helmet
***************AMENDED RULE: JANUARY 2013*****************
Drivers will be able to use CLUB DESIGNATED GAS CANS at 75mile and 104mile if they are not taking on gas at the gas stops.
**************AMENDED RULE: NOVEMBER 2014****************
Support vehicle line up: Offical Rig, Ambulance, Sweep Rig, Pickup/Van/Bus for racers.
All broken down/disqualified have to be on sweep rig (NO EXCEPTIONS)
All RACERS broken down or disqualified will ride in official Transportation Vehicle (pickup/van/bus) (NO EXCEPTIONS)
MACHINES on Sweep Rig can not be used for parts while on SWEEP RIG.