ALCAN RACING RULES Revised Dec. 2009
Ammendments 2002,2003 2008, 2009
1. Follow all General Racing Rules
2. The Alcan 200 Road Rally will run on the road UNLESS the Canadian Officials close the highway. (Due to weather)
3. Gas can rigs will leave PROMPTLY at 8:00 am Alaska Standard Time from the U.S. Border. They will go to 75 mile, 104 mile, and Dezdeash. Drivers meeting is at 9:00 am sharp. All entries must be in Before the race is officially called at this time. Race starts at 10:00 am sharp. Drivers will get a fifteen (15) minute warning before the race is started at 42 mile and at Dezdeash.
4. To travel the Canadian side of the highway, ALL DRIVERS must have a valid drivers license. U.S. machines must have a current state registration on the machines. Canadian machines must be licensed.
5. A contestant must use the same machine from start to finish and can make his own repairs as needed.
6. If a contestant fails to start in his designated postion or line up to start in his proper class, the contestant will check in with the official starter before leaving the line up. This means your time will start in your designated postion.
7. There will be MANDANTORY GAS STOPS at 75 mile, and 104 mile, BOTH directions of the race. To notify the contestant that there is a gas stop ahead, there will be flags or cones stationed ¼ mile before and after the actual gas stop. If a driver MISSES the gas stop he/she MUST STOP THEIR MACHINE AND WALK/RUN BACK to the gas stop for their cans and go through the proper procedures listed below to gas up and then run/walk back to the gas stop to replace the gas can. A DRIVER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF HE/SHE TURNS THEIR MACHINE AROUND ON OR OFF THE HIGHWAY TO GO BACK TO THE GAS STOP.
***********Procedures for Gasing Up*******************
A. Drivers MUST gas their own machine at the stops.
B. Drivers MUST use their own gas cans, gas cans will be marked with the drivers bib number.
C. Drivers MUST go through the motions of gasing up. GAS CAPS DO NOT HAVE TO BE REMOVED.
D. Put the gas can back in the same spot that it was taken from.
E. No throwing of gas cans. You will be disqualified.
A. Anyone that pays an entry fee or mechnics fee can help anyone of the
drivers with the EXCEPTION OF GASING UP AT THE GAS STOPS,
once the race has been called.
B. ATTENTION DRIVERS!!! Anyone that has not paid an entry or mechinics
fee CANNOT TOUCH ANY MACHINE ONCE THE RACE HAS BEEN
CALLED. YOU WILL DISQUALIFY THE DRIVER AND MACHINE.
9. Contestants will NOT BOTHER THE TIME KEEPERS AND SCOREKEEPERS. If a driver has a question, he/she is to ask an official, who will be identified by his bib or hat.
10. There will be time limits on breakdowns. 5 minutes up to timberline on the start end, and 5 minutes up to Kluckshu on the return end. After 5 minutes the driver will be disqualified by the sweep rig.
11. If there is any place that the race course changes at the last minute it will be clearly marked.
12. CONTESTANTS WILL START BACK FROM DEZDEASH IN THE ORDER THEY FINISH AT DEZDEASH.
14. OVERALL WINNERS will be placed according to their time. In the event of a tie, the winner will be decided by who has the fastest time
on the RETURN from Dezdeash to the finish line.
15. Class winners will be placed the same as rule #14 Alcan Rules.
16. Awards will be received at the awards ceremony, Saturday evening.
17. Cash prizes will be forwarded by mail to the winners. PLEASE FILL YOUR ADDRESSES IN CORRECTLY ON THE ENTRY FORM.
18. No machine will travel less than 40 miles per hour, if the sweep rig is following.
19. RACERS WILL NOT PASS AFTER YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH THE CHECKERED FLAG, IF YOU DO YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AT THE CHECKPOINT.
20. ALL RACERS WILL STOP AT CHECKPOINT, TO RECORD YOUR BIB NUMBER IN THE ORDER THAT YOU CROSS THE FINISH LINE. SLOW DOWN AFTER YOU GET THE CHECKERED FLAG!!!!!!!
21. Drivers numbers will be on a blackboard in the order that you will return. If you are not lined up when the race is called you will start at the end of the line, after everyone has left.
22. IF YOU SCRATCH, LET THE OFFICIALS KNOW YOUR NAME AND BIB NUMBER.
23. Race officials have not paid an entry fee. They cannot help with a machine. If they touch a machine the driver and machine will be disqualified.
***********AMENDED RULE: November 2002
MUD FLAPS: will be tied down. Limitor straps,chain,anything that will hold up for the duration of the race. If mud flaps are not tied down when machine arrives in Dezdeash the machine will not be lined up until the mud flaps are tied. It will be the drivers responsibility to notify an official so that they can be cleared to start back/line up.
***********AMENDED RULE: November 2003
Safety Gear for the Racer..Mandatory, Chest protectors,and shin guards
***********AMENDED RULE: January 2008
All gas cans must be full! No exceptions
***********AMENDED RULE: December 2009
All racers must have a reflective device or reflective tape on the back of their helmet